Greases for very high temperatures (VHT) or Ultra High Temperatures (UHT) can be used in service at continuous temperatures ≥200°C and can withstand peaks of 300°C. These conditions require special chemistries, very different from traditional mineral greases.
Lubrication at temperatures >200°C is very often poorly controlled. Use of traditional or even synthetic greases is not enough, or requires almost daily topping up. To resist decomposition or strong evaporation of the base oils at these extreme temperatures, the solution is to employ non-conventional chemistries. The thickener should be infusible or show a dropping point close to 300°C.
Very High Temperature VHT greases thus conserve sufficient viscosity to effectively lubricate the mechanical elements.
Under still more extreme conditions, it is preferable to use pastes highly charged with solids (graphite, copper, zinc,…). The grease is thus only a vector to give a uniform deposit of a dry lubricant to protect the equipment.
- Sun Chem very high temperature greases use non-conventional chemistries
- Thickener infusible or with a very high dropping point
- Base oils showing exceptional resistance to oxidation
- Thermal and mechanical stability
- No formation of lacquer, no coking
- Very high temperature greases allow not only lubrication at temperatures of the order of 300°C to 1000°C but also lifetime greasing in the range of -25° to 350°C.
- Lasts 2 to 4 Times Longer Than Conventional Grease thus it will help you in reducing grease inventory and Save money
Some of our product offering
- Helps in reducing bearing damage and subsequent failures due to heavy loads and contamination thereby savings in costly parts replacement and labour costs.
- Calcium Sulphonate Complex Grease